Twenty-first General Assembly 1886
APPROPRIATIONS FOR COLLEGE FOR THE BLIND
AN ACT Making Appropriations for the College for the Blind at Vinton.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Iowa;
Section 1. $108,200 appropriated. How Drawn. Proviso.
That there is hereby appropriated for the College for the Blind, at Vinton, out of any money not otherwise appropriated the following sums, for the following purposes, to-wit;
1. For repairs to roof of main building, gutters, etc., $500.
2. Building cupolas and porches, $225.
3. Outside and inside painting, $1,100.
4. Portland cement work, $675.
5. Iron stairs to replace old ones worn out, $3,100.
6. For new floors, $775.
7. For repairs to outside woodwork and plastering $325.
8. For constructing two cisterns, $500.
9. For contingent fund and general repairs, $3,000.
The money herein appropriated shall be drawn and paid on the order of the trustees of said College at such times as may be deemed necessary by said trustees. Provided, that not more than one-half of the amount herein appropriated shall be drawn during the year eighteen hundred and eighty-six (1886).
Section 2. Publication.
This act being deemed of immediate importance shall take effect and be in force from and after its puboication in the Iowa State register and the Des Moines Leader, newspapers published in Des Moines, Iowa.
Approved, April 5, 1886.
I hereby certify that the foregoing act was published in the Iowa State Register April 10, and the Des Moines Leader April 15, 1886.
FRANK D. JACKSON, Secretary of State.